Start: Monday 2 September 2019
Finish: Friday 25 October 2019
Inset days: Monday 2 September & Monday 14 October
Additional Inset day: Friday 25 October
Start: Monday 4 November 2019
Finish: Friday 20 December 2019
Monday 4th November 2019 Wellsway MAT Conference. School closed to pupils.
Start: Monday 6 January 2020
Finish: Friday 14 February 2020
Inset day: Friday 14th February 2020
Start: Monday 24 February 2020
Finish: Friday 3 April 2020
Inset day: Friday 3 April 2020
Start: Monday 20 April 2020
Finish: Friday 22 May 2020
Please note change in Bank holiday date from Monday 4 May to Friday 8 May taking into account VE Day 75th Anniversary.
Start: Monday 1 June 2020
Finish: Monday 20 July 2020 Inset day: Monday 20th July 2020
Start: Tuesday 1 September 2020
Finish: Friday 23 October 2020
Inset days: Tuesday 1 and Wednesday 2 September
Start: Monday 2 November 2020
Finish: Friday 18 December 2020
Inset day: Monday 2 November (Wellsway MAT Conference)
Start: Monday 4 January 2021
Finish: Friday 12 February 2021
Inset days: Monday 4 January and Friday 12 February
Start: Monday 22 February 2021
Finish: Thursday 1 April 2021
Start: Monday 19 April 2021
Finish: Friday 28 May 2021
Start: Monday 7 June 2021
Finish: Wednesday 21 July 2021
Inset day: Friday 25 June 2021
Monday 3 May 2021, May Day Bank Holiday
Monday 31 May 2021, Spring Bank Holiday
Great tasting food from Chartwells
All our meals are healthy, tasty and nutritious, supporting childrens' development in school. Each one is freshly prepared by a dedicated and passionate team of chefs and kitchen staff. Our philosophy is: eat, learn, live, which ensures we educate young people about how to lead a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
- School lunchtime menu (Pdf)
The current price of a school dinner (W/c 6th November) is £2.10 per day.
Please log on to ParentPay and book your meals in the usual way.
Free school meals
You can apply for free school meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Apply online for free school meals or to contact the Council:
Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176. Bristol, BS3 9FS
Tel: 0117 903 7990
Line are open are from Monday to Thursday, 10am - 5pm, Friday: 10am - 4:30pm (closed Wednesdays for staff training).
If our school has to close due to bad weather all parents will be notified via text message as soon as the decision has been made that the site is not safe for children. However, we will ALWAYS try and keep the school open wherever possible. All of Bristol's school closures can be found on the Bristol City Council's school closure website.
Any news will be communicated by text message. If you do not recieve a text, please assume we are open as normal. This website will be updated every 5 minutes with live, rolling information. Please DO NOT phone the school to see if we are open. This blocks the line for a considerable amount of time. Instead, please check your phone for a text message, as well as checking the Bristol school's closure website. Announcements will also be made by local radio stations.
- Sports day (Pdf)
- Clifton College sports Years 3 and 5 (Pdf)
- Year 2 swimming letter (Pdf)
- Year 3 swimming letter (Pdf)
- Year 4 camp info (Pdf)
- Kilve Court kit list (Pdf)
- Folly Farm kit list (Pdf)
- Medical form 2019 (Pdf)
- Year 2 camp trip information (Pdf)
- Year 4 water safety swimming session (Pdf)
- Year 6 SATS workbook letter (Pdf) CGP SATS workbooks order form (Pdf)
- Year 2 ss Great Britain visit (Pdf)
- Anxiety workshops flyer (Pdf) anxiety workshops letter (Pdf)
- Mindfulness coffee morning (Pdf)
- Internet safety (Pdf)
- MOMO poster (Pdf)
- Children's university (Pdf)
- World Book Day (Pdf)
- Eggmobile (Pdf)
- Year 2 dance festival (Pdf)
- Coffee morning (Pdf)
- Science workshop (Pdf)
- Children's university (Pdf)
- Christmas lunch (Pdf)
- KS2 Christmas performance (Pdf)
- KS1 Christmas performance (Pdf)
- Year 5 bread experiments (Pdf)
- Home school agreement letter (Pdf)
- Home school agreement (Pdf)
- Year 6 dissection (Pdf)
- Year 3 and 4 keeping up with the children (Pdf)
A list of all third parties with whom we regularly share pupil information with:
- Eduspot (schoolpod/teachers2parents)
- Facebook/Twitter (images and first names only)
- Fisher Family Trust (assessment)
- First Response
- Focus on Families (previously 'Early Help')
- Majestic gymnastics
- Nessy (spellings)
- Parent Pay
- Target Tracker (EES assessment system)
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Bristol Education Welfare Service
- Educational Psychologist
- Wellsway IT Services
- Speech and Language Team
- School nurse
Our school can offer facilities which are available to hire for the following:
- Birthday parties
- After school/evening clubs
- Sporting activities
- Social occasions
We can provide safe, convenient and local facilities within our school environment for your event. You will be required to attend an induction meeting before any letting can take place. Relevant paperwork will need to be completed and signed off by our governors.
Please contact the school on 0117 9030218 if you would like further information and/or would like to book any of our facilities.
At Wansdyke, we believe in offering a wide range of clubs and extra-curricular activities to enhance children’s learning, promote positive relationships and create links with the community.
As much as possible, we endeavour to offer clubs at the lowest cost we can. When external providers are bought in, we negotiate the best prices we can. We do also contribute some of our Pupil Premium money to certain clubs, when we recognise that it will benefit FSM children.
For more information please contact tel: 0117 903 0218 or email: email@example.com
We try and encourage parents to book medical appointments outside of school hours. If you do have to make an appointment for your child during school time, please fill out the information on the form below and return to the school office at least 24 hours before you collect your child from school.
You must provide the hospital letter, dental appointment card or Doctor's appointment card along with this form. If you have booked a Doctor's appointment over the telephone, the surgery will be able to provide you with an appointment card when you arrive at the surgery. Please then bring this into school the following day so we can keep it for our records.
Any other circumstances for removing your child early from school must be pre-arranged and authorised by the Head Teacher.
- Medical appointments in school time permission form (Pdf). As a school we need permission to be able to administer medicine to your child. Please ensure the medication is clearly labeled with the childs name, and the dosage given with a pharmacists label.
- Permissions to administer a prescribed medicine to your child form (Pdf). As a school we need to make sure we know what to do for each individual child if they were to need their inhaler. Therefore we ask that you fill out an asthma form with all the necessary information.
- Asthma form (Pdf)
Join our breakfast club.
The cost is £3.00 per day, per child. You can pay online via ParentPay.
Club is open from 7.50am - 8.55am Monday - Friday
Toast and a selection of cereals with a glass of fruit juice.
Reserve a permanent place by speaking to Mrs Madden, Mrs Harvey or the office staff.
All parents must complete a breakfast club application form (Pdf) before their child can start breakfast club.
Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th April 2018: Year 2 Camp to Folly Farm
- Deadline for payment - 30th March 2018