Staff training days: Thursday 2 and Friday 3 September 2021
Start: Monday 6 September 2021
Finish: Thursday 21 October 2021
Staff training day: Friday 22 October 2021
Staff training day: Monday 1 November 2021
Start: Tuesday 2 November 2021
Finish: Friday 17 December 2021
Start: Tuesday 4 January 2022
Finish: Thursday 17 February 2022
Staff training day: Friday 18 February 2022
Start: Monday 28 February 2022
Finish: Friday 8 April 2022
Start: Monday 25 April 2022
Finish: Thursday 26 May 2022
Staff training day: Friday 27 May 2022
Start: Monday 6 June 2022
Staff training day: Monday 11 July 2022
Finish: Thursday 21 July 2022
Welcome to Zest, the in-house catering service
Zest is proud to say it delivers great homemade food using fresh, healthy, local ingredients at an affordable price for our staff and students to enjoy.
- Zest's school lunch menu (Pdf)
Free school meals
You can apply for free school meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Apply online for free school meals or to contact the Council:
Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176. Bristol, BS3 9FS
Tel: 0117 903 7990
Line are open are from Monday to Thursday, 10am - 5pm, Friday: 10am - 4:30pm (closed Wednesdays for staff training).
If our school has to close due to bad weather all parents will be notified via text message as soon as the decision has been made that the site is not safe for children. However, we will ALWAYS try and keep the school open wherever possible. All of Bristol's school closures can be found on the Bristol City Council's school closure website.
Any news will be communicated by text message. If you do not recieve a text, please assume we are open as normal. This website will be updated every 5 minutes with live, rolling information. Please DO NOT phone the school to see if we are open. This blocks the line for a considerable amount of time. Instead, please check your phone for a text message, as well as checking the Bristol school's closure website. Announcements will also be made by local radio stations.
A list of all third parties with whom we regularly share pupil information with:
- Eduspot (schoolpod/teachers2parents)
- Facebook/Twitter (images and first names only)
- Fisher Family Trust (assessment)
- First Response
- Focus on Families (previously 'Early Help')
- Majestic gymnastics
- Nessy (spellings)
- Parent Pay
- Target Tracker (EES assessment system)
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Bristol Education Welfare Service
- Educational Psychologist
- Wellsway IT Services
- Speech and Language Team
- School nurse
Our school can offer facilities which are available to hire for the following:
- Birthday parties
- After school/evening clubs
- Sporting activities
- Social occasions
We can provide safe, convenient and local facilities within our school environment for your event. You will be required to attend an induction meeting before any letting can take place. Relevant paperwork will need to be completed and signed off by our governors.
Please contact the school on 0117 9030218 if you would like further information and/or would like to book any of our facilities.
At Wansdyke, we believe in offering a wide range of clubs and extra-curricular activities to enhance children’s learning, promote positive relationships and create links with the community.
As much as possible, we endeavour to offer clubs at the lowest cost we can. When external providers are bought in, we negotiate the best prices we can. We do also contribute some of our Pupil Premium money to certain clubs, when we recognise that it will benefit FSM children.
For more information please contact tel: 0117 903 0218 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try and encourage parents to book medical appointments outside of school hours. If you do have to make an appointment for your child during school time, please fill out the information on the form below and return to the school office at least 24 hours before you collect your child from school.
You must provide the hospital letter, dental appointment card or Doctor's appointment card along with this form. If you have booked a Doctor's appointment over the telephone, the surgery will be able to provide you with an appointment card when you arrive at the surgery. Please then bring this into school the following day so we can keep it for our records.
Any other circumstances for removing your child early from school must be pre-arranged and authorised by the Head Teacher.
- Medical appointments in school time permission form (Pdf). As a school we need permission to be able to administer medicine to your child. Please ensure the medication is clearly labeled with the childs name, and the dosage given with a pharmacists label.
- Permissions to administer a prescribed medicine to your child form (Pdf). As a school we need to make sure we know what to do for each individual child if they were to need their inhaler. Therefore we ask that you fill out an asthma form with all the necessary information.
- Asthma form (Pdf)
Join our breakfast club.
The cost is £3.00 per day, per child. You can pay online via ParentPay.
Club is open from 7.50am - 8.55am Monday - Friday
Toast and a selection of cereals with a glass of fruit juice.
Reserve a permanent place by speaking to Mrs Madden, Mrs Harvey or the office staff.
All parents must complete a breakfast club application form (Pdf) before their child can start breakfast club.