We are a small, single-form entry school where everyone feels they are part of a family. Every individual child is special to us and we build strong, trusting relationships to promote positive attitudes and behaviours towards life and learning.
We are committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum and giving our pupils the necessary skills for secondary school and their futures.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more or visit.
We believe that we work together as a learning community on a daily basis fulfilling our mission statement by:
- Listening to one other
- Explaining to each other
- Communicating with others
- Encouraging one other
- Co-operating with each other
- Helping each other
- Working together in different ways
Wansdyke School is committed to excellence and personal success by supporting children in:
- Demonstrating generosity of spirit and emotional strength
- Becoming positive citizens, respecting themselves and the diversity of their community
- Challenging themselves to exceed their own potential, going from strength to strength
- Enjoying a breadth of achievement
- Working independently and developing the ability to question, challenge and create
- Being collaborative and resourceful learners in any situation.
We want to make sure that every child in our school has:
- A fair and equal chance to learn in a safe but stimulating environment
- Lots of interesting learning opportunities in all subjects
- A chance to celebrate their achievements with each other and all the adults
- Lots of equipment to help with their learning
- The chance to learn about other cultures and people around the world
Futura Learning Partnership
At the heart of every good school is an efficient well run office and Wansdyke Primary School is no exception. We are extremely proud of our office staff who work so tirelessly behind the scenes to make things run smoothly.
In our office section we have lots of information that we hope you will find useful. If you need anything else please feel free to get in contact t: 0117 903 0218 or email: email@example.com.
Headteacher: Miss Harris
Deputy Headteacher and SENCo: Mr Frost
Year R Class Teacher: Mrs Greenwood
Year 1 Class Teacher: Mrs Thomerson (Monday- Wednesday) and Mrs Harris (Wednesday- Friday)
Year 2 Class Teacher and KS1 Lead: Mrs Tilling
Year 3 Class Teacher: Miss Johns
Year 4 Class Teacher: Mr Webster
Year 5 Class Teacher: Miss Barter
Year 6 class Teacher and KS2 Lead: Mr Osborne
PPA Teacher: Miss Young
We inspire our children's learning through a creative curriculum, ensuring our pupils experience a wide breadth of study and have, by the end of each key stage, long-term memory of an ambitious body of substantive and disciplinary knowledge.
We have developed a creative and thematic approach to learning that maps knowledge to the Primary National Curriculum to ensure comprehensive coverage of national expectations. Subject leaders from across the Futura Learning Partnership have also worked together to ensure breadth of coverage of the curriculum, ensuring key knowledge is learnt in specific year groups to ensure further knowledge can build upon this.
Please also look at our curriculum section for specific subject information.